The Down Syndrome Association of Tallahassee
The Down Syndrome Association of Tallahassee was created by Tallahassee parents in 2004 in an effort to provide support and education to families who had children with Down syndrome. We continue to grow today and promote public awareness of Down syndrome and to be a source of information and support to families in Tallahassee and the big bend area.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of DSAT is to provide education, support, and resources to individuals with Down syndrome, their families, professionals, and the community while building public awareness and acceptance of the abilities of individuals with Down syndrome.
What We Offer
- Support new parents with an informational packet, telephone contact, and personal visits. Assist new parents in meeting other parents who live near them.
- Host social gatherings throughout the year to provide support and share experiences and information.
- Host the annual Down Syndrome Buddy Walk.
- Provide financial support to community groups and organizations that are a resource to individuals with Down Syndrome.
- Provide scholarships to families for educational, recreational and medical purposes.
- Maintain our web site to provide information to a wide audience.